Moments ago, the Senate voted 60-39, a party-line vote, to begin debate on Majority Leader Reid’s anti-life health care reform bill. The debate and amendment process will begin Monday, November 30th.
Majority Leader Reid’s health care bill:
- Allows the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services to require coverage of any and all abortions through the public option.
- Creates new federally-funded subsidies for private health plans that cover abortion.
- Requires every insurance market to include a private plan that covers abortion.
- Fails to sufficiently protect health care entities from discrimination on the basis that the health care entity does not provide, pay for, provide coverage of, or refer for abortions.
- Fails to prohibit federal funding of assisted suicide.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
The Struggle continues . . .
From American United for Life: